General Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get started?

All you need to do to get started is fill out our easy online order form, which collects all of the necessary information, and only takes a few minutes. If you have questions or would like help getting your order processed feel free to contact us by email or phone.

long will it take to form my company?

Every state is different in their processing times, but the average time is about three to four weeks. See our chart that shows approximate filing times for both standard and expedited filing for all states.

NOTE: All filing times shown are in addition to mailing time, which varies depending on the level of mailing priority selected for your order.

What are the differences between the Professional and the Deluxe Packages?

The Professional Package is all you need to have your company formed with the state of your choice. The Professional Package is just $35.00 plus the state filing fees.

The Professional Package includes:

• Preliminary Company Name Search (Unlimited Searches)
• Preparation of the necessary formation documents for your state
• Filing of the formation documents with the state of formation
• Free Forms on CD; Operating Agreement, Bylaws etc...
• First class postage and mail service

The Deluxe Package includes all of the services listed below:

• Preliminary Company Name Search (Unlimited Searches)
• Preparation of the necessary formation documents for your state
• Filing of the formation documents with your state of formation
• Free 1st Year Registered Agent Service
• Customized Corporate/LLC Kit (Ships separately - Shipping & Handling not included)
• Free Forms on CD; Operating Agreement, Bylaws etc...
• Electronic Obtainment of the SS4/EIN Tax ID number
• Overnight Express Mailing.

What is the Customized Corporate/LLC Kit?

The Corporate/LLC Kit is a professional binder enclosed in a matching slip case, customized with the name of your company on the spine insert. It comes with a metal die-cast corporate embossing seal with its own carrying pouch, customized with the name of your company and the date and state of formation. It has a set of 6 Mylar Reinforced Index Tabs, 25 custom printed stock or membership certificates with 25 full page stubs. It also comes with a variety of corporate forms on CD-Rom. The kit can be added to your order of our standard formation service, and it is included with the Deluxe Package.

Do I need to sign anything?

Each state has different requirements. Some states require your signature on the Registered Agent acceptance form and some do not. If the formation of your company will require your signature we will sign on your behalf, as your authorized representative.

What is a Registered Agent and do I need one?

Almost every state requires a corporation or an LLC to have a Registered Agent (sometimes called a resident agent, statutory agent, or agent for service of process). The Registered Agent address is the address that will be used by the state for any official legal and tax correspondence. The Registered Agent address must be a physical, in-state street address; P.O. Boxes are not acceptable. If needed, QuickCorps can provide you with a Registered Agent for only $119.00 per year, and any official legal and tax correspondence from the state will be forwarded to your billing/shipping address.

NOTE: If you require us to provide a registered agent, the address cannot be used as a general business/mail forwarding address. Only official legal and tax correspondence from the state will be forwarded, and any other mailings to the registered agent may result in additional charges.

Where is QuickCorps located?

QuickCorps is owned and operated by, LLC and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.

Our address is:
4101 McEwen Rd
Suite 465 Farmer’s Branch, TX 75244

What do I need to do after I place my order?

Once your order is placed we will immediately begin processing the formation of your company. If additional information is required we will contact you for the necessary information. We handle your formation from beginning to end and make sure that your formation is filed quickly and correctly.

Are non-U.S. residents allowed to own a Corporation or LLC?

There are no citizenship or residence requirements for ownership of a C corporation or an LLC. The S corporation however does not allow nonresident aliens to be shareholders (owner), but any US citizen or resident alien may be a shareholder (owner). You would, of course, require an in state street address for the state to forward official legal and tax correspondence including service of process, known as the registered agent address, but neither residency nor citizenship is required for ownership of a C corporation or an LLC.

What is the SS4/EIN/Tax ID number?

The SS4 is the IRS form required to obtain an EIN (Employer Identification Number, frequently called a Tax ID number). The EIN/Tax ID number can be thought of as a Social Security Number for your business. It is usually required to open a bank account in the name of the business and to properly pay and account for any wage/payroll employees of your company. If you require this service we will prepare the SS4 form, and return with your filed formation documents for your signature to file with the IRS. Optionally, you can elect to have QuickCorps obtain your EIN electronically for you so you will have it ready to go as soon as your company is formed. Just check the appropriate options on the order form and we will send you the prepared SS4 or obtain your EIN electronically, as required.

What is the purpose of an alternate company name?

In order to form your company, we need to know what name you want for the business. Before forwarding the necessary formation documents to the state we do a name search in your state of formation to see if the company name is available. If the name you want for your company is the same as or too similar to an existing company, the state will reject the filing. In the case of this eventuality, we request an alternate name that is distinctly different from your first choice. If the first choice is not available we will proceed with the alternate choice. If neither is available for filing we will contact you for further options.

NOTE: When choosing a company keep in mind that many company names comprised of two and three letter combinations are frequently unavailable.

Does forming a Corporation or an LLC (limited liability company) require an attorney?

No, it does not. An attorney is not a legal requirement to form a Limited Liability Company. While we always recommend consulting the appropriate legal and accounting specialists, we can take care of the filings for you and save you the attorney fees.

In what state should I form my Corporation or LLC?

Unless you plan on having a large, multi-state operation, it is generally best to form your company in the state in which it is located.

Generally speaking, most states will expect you to be registered with them if there is substantial ongoing business and/or a physical presence in that state. If you do form your company in a state other than the one in which your company is located, you may ultimately need to register your company as a foreign (out of state) company with your home state, which will subject you to all of the fees, taxes, and regulations of that state.

What is the cancellation policy of QuickCorps?

An order is refundable until payment is forwarded to the state (typically within twenty-four hours after order is placed), less a $30.00 cancellation fee and less any expenses which have been paid or incurred in furtherance of an order with any entities, including state agencies or third party vendors. Once payment has been forwarded to the state, cannot accept any cancellations or any other changes to the state filing. To request an order cancellation, your order must be in Review status.You must place your order on hold by clicking on the make changes button inside your order confirmation email. Instructions to cancel an order or any other changes to an order cannot be accepted by telephone or email.

What is the Form 2553?

The 2553 Form, known as the Subchapter S election, is required to be filed with the IRS to get S-Corporation status for purposes of federal taxation. Filing this Form with the IRS is used to convert a C-Corporation into an S-Corporation.

What is a publication requirement?

A Publication Requirement is compliance mandate that requires the creation and ownership of an LLC to publish an announcement in local newspapers upon being filed. Upon completion of this requirement an affidavit is typically filed with the state to inform them that the publication requirement has been satisfied. Currently the states which require thus are Pennsylvania (corporations only), Georgia (corporations only), Arizona (corporations and LLCs), Nebraska (corporations and LLCs), and New York (LLCs only). At this time QuickCorps does not provide this service.

What is a corporate seal?

A Corporate Seal is a customized embossing stamp that contains the name, date and state of formation of your company. In some jurisdictions a corporate seal can be required to open a company bank account. It is typically used on company documents to mark them as official. The Corporate seal is included in the Corporate/LLC Kit.

Under what circumstances am I required to change my employer identification number (EIN)?

If you already have an EIN, and the organization or ownership of your business changes, you may need to apply for a new number. Some of the circumstances under which a new number is required are as follows:

. An existing business is purchased or inherited by an individual who will operate it as a sole proprietorship
. A sole proprietorship changes to an LLC, corporation, or partnership,
. A partnership changes to an LLC, corporation, or sole proprietorship,
. A corporation changes to an LLC, partnership, or sole proprietorship,
. An LLC changes to a corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship, or
. An individual owner dies, and the estate takes over the business.

When will I know if the name I have chosen for my Corporation or LLC has been accepted?

Although we perform a name search for your company before we file it with the state, the company name is not official until it has been accepted and filed by the state. We cannot recommend making any business or financial decisions based upon the company name until it has officially been accepted and filed by the state.

If your first name choice does not appear to be available, we will automatically proceed to the second name choice. If neither is available, we will contact you to for further instructions. The alternate name is not a required field; if you are not certain that the alternate name will be acceptable to you then please leave that field blank.

If I order the Electronic obtainment of my Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN/Tax ID Number), when will I receive it?

Due to the fact that the EIN is filed with the IRS in the name of the company, we have to wait until the state officially forms your company and we receive the official filed documents from the state in order to electronically obtain your EIN. Once we have received your documents from the state we will immediately obtain your EIN electronically and forward everything to you, ASAP.