Foreign Qualification

We offer several services to easily help you manage your business.

Order Now

A Foreign Qualification also known as a Certificate of Authority is the process of registering an LLC or corporation to do business in a state outside the state of incorporation. A corporation or LLC is only recognized in its state of incorporation a Foreign Qualification must be completed in each state that a corporation or LLC intend to conduct business. If a company neglects to file the Foreign Qualification it does not have legal standing or authority to transact business within that state. Every state has diferent rules regarding what constitutes transacting business.

Typical criteria include but are not limited to:

  • Does the company has a physical presence in the state.
  • Does the entity have employees working within the state.
  • Does the company conduct banking within state.

Requirements to obtain or a Foreign Qualification / Certificate of Authority:

  • Must file appropriate state document and pay the corresponding state fee.
  • Must obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from state of origin to verify status of business formation.

The first step upon receiving a request to file a Foreign Qualification is to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from the existing state of incorporation. Upon receiving the certificate we will prepare and forward the designated documents to the state where the entity is attempting to obtain authority. Copies of the filed documents will be mailed to the client upon return from the state.

How long does it take to file a Foreign Qualification?

The filing time is dependent on the governing state agency and varies by state.

How much does it cost to file a Foreign Qualification?

The cost depends on the fee to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing and the filing fee that the inbound state assesses. Our service fee to to prepare and file a Foreign Qualification is $149. To review the fee in your state click on the “order now” button and select the state and entity type.

What will I receive when the Foreign Qualification is filed?

The governing state agency will typically return a copy of the filed articles which are then mailed to the client.

Get a Price Quote


Plus State Filling Fees

Order Now

Corporate Fillings

Annual Reports

The majority of states requires that companies file periodic reports that affirm the current information of the companies members, directors and or business address.

Read more

Filed if a company requires changes to membership, addresses or company name.

Read more
Certificate of Good Standing

Required by governmental and private agencies to validate a companies status in order to facilitate specified transactions.

Read more

Used to formally terminate the existence of a entity.

Read more
Change of Registered Agent

Use to update the registered agent on file with the state of formation.

Read more
Registered Agent Services

Order registered agent service and receive your new registered agent information immediately.

Read more

Corporate Services

Foreign Qualification

Filed when you need to expand your entity to new states.

Read more
Corporate LLC Kit

All Corporations are required to maintain a "corporate minute book" that holds things like the formation paperwork, licenses, resolutions and meeting minutes. It is one of the first things requested when your company is audited or being sold.

Read more
Employer Identification Number

An EIN is required to open a bank account, file taxes and submit payroll taxes.

Read more

IRS Filings

S Corporation Tax Election

Corporations & LLC's can reap the tax benefits provided by the small business tax election.

Read more

Ready to obtain a Foreign Qualification? file my Foreign Qualification